Friday, August 20, 2010

Vacation!

So here we are, dinner, our first night at Mineral Springs Resort and Spa. Well, appetizers really. Noa was so exhausted that we just did the app's there and took the rest back to the room to avoid a rather public meltdown.

I didn't get a photo of us in the incredible (and seemingly Noa-designed) landscape of indoor and outdoor pools, but I'm sure we'll be there tomorrow and I'll get plenty of photos then. It was really a Noa dream-scape. Indoor pools with waterfalls, a heated outdoor pool (for mommy), some hot tubs and jacuzzis around the edges, a playground of giant sprinklers and pools we haven't even seen yet! Noa was so happy - and exhausted - I think she was falling asleep in the pool even as she was signing "more more more." One lady looked at her a bit concerned and said, "she looks dazed."

"Oh, she's just pool drunk," I assured her. She didn't seem terribly assured.

One fun, interesting fact: when we got here I got Noa out of her wheel chair and we walked around the room touching everything - the bed, the coffee table, the couch. Noa got very happy, I think she got that we were on a vacation and she did a whole jumping/happy yelling/dance about it. She was really really happy. I think she new it was going to be fun.

I'm sure there will be more to report tomorrow. Swim, eat and go to sleep was about the sum of it today.



1 comment:

dmewerner said...

Noa looks like she is having a great time! and I recognize that book! :)