Monday, August 23, 2010

Noa Wobbles But Gets Back Up!

Murphy's Law being what it is the wireless didn't work at the hotel for the rest of our visit, but now that we're home I'll try to bring this up-to-date in bits and pieces because there is just a lot to tell. It was a great weekend! Noa did great work and had great fun, and so did we grown-up types.

This video shows Noa falling, yes, but doing it so well! I guess it's also the first video I've posted with the canes in action. We're actually on the lawn outside our hotel room which wasn't the easiest surface to navigate but it forced Noa to really pick up the canes and her feet (she tends to be a dragger - in fact she wears out the toes of her shoes first).

Note how she tries to regain her balance (rather than just falling like a plank), and although Ben helps to slow her fall somewhat, she manages to get her weight more center and put down her knee, thereby staying upright (rather than just shutting her eyes and waiting for the impact).

The other wonderful thing - which really says a lot about Noa - as soon as she has a hand free she signs that she wants to stand-up again. Totally undaunted, and in fact very happy with herself.

I have to run for now but there will be more later today - for reals!

No comments: