Noa hates mittens. That is the conventional wisdom.
Yesterday I had this brilliant idea: why don't I let her just play with the mittens without actually trying to put them on her. Maybe then they'd be less threatening. So, I was on the phone with my folks when I thought, I'll give her the mittens to play with while I'm on the phone and... well see for yourself.
If you listen to the audio, you can hear that I'm still on the phone with my folks, so this is literally within moments of giving her the mittens for the very first time.
Oh, silly Mommy! I like mittens. I even know how they work! Mittens are fun... but only when I do them!
1 comment:
PS - I might be posting this twice, for some reason i don't truly understand . . .
Hey Gang -
The video posts are really thrilling (and it seems you overcame whatever was plaguing them before, Jeni). Seriously - to see Noa scooting around in the tub - exploring and enjoying her space, just brought tears. And I wonder what the deal was with the mitten-aversion thing - she so clearly seemed to like them now. And she's still babbling. Too cool!
Keep sharing - this is so wonderful to see!
Love,
Cuz Jane
Post a Comment