
Check it out! Who is this kid??? Can you believe it?
So in closing this week, and with thanks to Talya, check out this great family photo: Ben and I as Noa's humble servants, as I'm sure it should be.
So, long story short, we were very fortunate to have a great photographer walk into our lives. Talya is working on a project - which I will share more about later as it all comes together - but she has been taking some photos and they are... well, obviously, spectacular and I'm very grateful that she's allowing us to share some of them with Noa's fan club. She is doing an amazing job of capturing the many moods of Noa.
So in addition to her life as a super model, Noa continues to be a rock star on the potty. We're getting a routine going so she knows when to expect potty time and since she enjoys it so much, she's getting the hang of it quickly.
As for me, I've just finished my level 1 Sign Language class, which I loved (I'll have to wait until July to take the next level), and am starting to use some of the signs I learned with Noa - just conversationally. Most of them are words like "nice" or "tell" -- words that don't relate directly to an object or a game. These are sort of tough concepts for her, so I figure I'll just keep using them for now without putting too much pressure on her to "learn" them. She really does play closer attention with she gets both verbal and sign language together - so hopefully it will start to sink in. She seems to be learning the signs for Mommy and Daddy - which is nice... especially for Mommy and Daddy...
Now that we've done away with the bottle, we're also working on getting rid of the binky. Noa has always had a particular attachment to these binkys that have stuffed animals on the end of them, so I cut off the stuffed animals - making the one toy into two. She still loves them both, but hopefully over time we
'll be able to get rid of the binky part and just keep the stuffed animal.
Now that we've done away with the bottle, we're also working on getting rid of the binky. Noa has always had a particular attachment to these binkys that have stuffed animals on the end of them, so I cut off the stuffed animals - making the one toy into two. She still loves them both, but hopefully over time we
'll be able to get rid of the binky part and just keep the stuffed animal. So in closing this week, and with thanks to Talya, check out this great family photo: Ben and I as Noa's humble servants, as I'm sure it should be.
No comments:
Post a Comment