Sunday, May 3, 2009

More Than You Ever Wanted to Know...

While I update you on our progress in the area of toilet-training, I hope you'll enjoy this short video of Noa walking. As you can see she is feeling very confident in her walker. You'll see that about half-way through she starts just swinging her foot back and forth - sort of like a ballet dancer at the bar. She gets caught in this movement sometimes - she knows it's the right movement for walking but doesn't always get that you also gave to alternate feet and keep some forward motion going in order to get somewhere.

(warning: the following material may not be suitable for people of taste and breeding)

So in the wonderful world of potty training, we've had 2 banner days! Friday night just was we were getting ready for bed time I put Noa on her little training potty and I had this idea. Generally she.... does her business... just during or after her bedtime story (we try not to take it as a comment). For the past few weeks, I've been using bedtime to work on memorizing "The Cremation of Sam McGee" (watch Idaho/campfire folks!) so I figured she'd recognize it as the signal that bedtime was near. I got about a verse and a half in and sure enough.... #1! (we'd caught a few lucky #2's in the past because, well, she makes a face which is kind of a clue.)

Just as I suspected, Noa thought this was the funniest thing in the world - the sound in the little plastic potty, the feeling of freedom and a few other things I won't mention and you can all imagine (or not). We both laughed our heads off and clapped and had a great time. Last night - same time - took a bit longer but the same thing. Again, hysterically funny. Very exciting stuff.

In other bathroom news, Noa has taken to helping us out during changing times by trying to grab her (ahem) used diaper and fling it across the room. And she's fast. Sadly... Daddy was not aware of this when he tried to change her yesterday afternoon. And this was followed by a bath for everyone. Again, I'll let your imaginations take you where they will (or not).

So that's it for the bathroom update. I hope you enjoyed it.

No comments: