Sunday, October 25, 2009

More Toy Doggie Binky Piano

Haven't shared any video of Noa at the piano for a while, so I thought I'd share this one. As you can see, she still enjoys playing her songs - and she's trying out all kinds of new moves. One of the nice things in this video is at the end she asks for "more toy doggie binky"... then a sign she made up (the thing where she twists her finger). This is a habit right now - lists. We haven't quite figured out how to get her stop making everything into a list yet, but we're going to have a meeting at her school this week and we'll talk to them about it.

Also, as you will see at the end of the video, I ask her if she wants more piano and she immediately signs "more piano" - which means that I should change the sound the piano makes. The important thing to notice here is that she hears me and understands me and responds appropriately. This is one of those things that is wonderful... and always causes some trouble - it's one of the reasons we've had such a hard time getting sign language services: she clearly hears and understands us.

No comments: