Monday, October 26, 2009

Mmmmmm Ma

What is amazing about this one is that Noa gets that I'm trying tell her the difference between Na and Mmm by putting her hand on my mouth. She gets it right after I do the Mmmm on her hand, but then goes back to Na and REALIZES it! When she puts her hand on her own mouth she is doing it just the way that I do it. It doesn't quite work so she reaches out so I that I'll do it again - and she gets it.

I mean wow. Really. This is some kind of thinking and reaching and struggling with how sounds are made that we just have not seen until now.

1 comment:

SSP said...

jeni - this is so great - to see her progress like this - you are sure working hard - i am not surprised that she surpassed the school's expectation with her initiating signing. Seems like y'all are all about encouraging her to make her own steps - amazing work...and through it all, she is an awfully sweet little girl!!