As you can she, she is really into figuring out how to do things herself. I have some photos of her great work walking with Daddy, but since they only want to post side-ways I'll have to deal with them later. BUT she did some amazing walking yesterday. We strolled down the pedestrian walkway on the East River to an apartment complex around 24th or 25th called Riverside that has a nice windy public plaza (Noa loves wind). Unfortunately, the plaza is up about three flights of stairs - and that stroller is heavy!!
But when we were done, Noa got to the bottom of the stairs and decided she wanted to walk for herself. She held of each our hands and walked all the way to 34th Street!!!!! She probably would have walked further, but we weren't about to let her try to walk across the FDR.
She kept a great pace and really seemed to enjoy the three of us walking altogether. It's some of the best walking we've seen her do, certainly the longest non-stop stretch: at least 6 city blocks.
This morning, after refusing every game we usually play, I discovered that she just wanted to practice standing. I think she's out to prove my end of year blog post wrong! Suddenly I'm seeing a girl to seems pretty determined to walk and climb and stand.
Oh, and if you're thinking - AND she looks way too grown up! Yeah, we're thinking that too. The pig-tails definitely make her look more big kid-ish, but I think there is something new in her face too.
1 comment:
what a little lady-- I love the pigtails!----
Post a Comment