Friday, July 29, 2011

Chin Up!

Quite amazingly, after numerous calls, emails, texts, running around to HRA, MAP, Medicaid "Help" Desk, OMRDD (not OMPDD), EPI, SKIP, etc., Ben (who is a terrier to be feared when he's got his teeth into something) FINALLY reached someone who at least knew who we needed to talk to. So after months (literally) of dealing with people who said they wanted to help but couldn't, or didn't even know how to, we finally found the one (and I think there was just one) who could. Not only that, he happened to reach her at just the right moment.


Just as I was leaving our MSC's office (having gone there to pick up copies of everything she'd sent in on our behalf so that we'd be ready for the hearing Tuesday) -already IN the elevator on my way out of the building - Ben texted me to say that he had someone on the phone who could help but she needed to talk to the MSC. I took the elevator back up and stormed right into her office. One short conference call later, agreement was finally reached! I really thought I was going to burst into tears (I think the MSC was going to too).


We're still waiting for the letter saying that the waiver is granted, but the wheels are moving (which on a Friday in NYC in late July is no small miracle). We still have to go to the Hearing on Tuesday, but it all goes as it should we'll be going with a letter stating that the wavier has been approved.


Of course yesterday we got another threatening notice threatening to cut us off on different (though related grounds) - but it seems to be a matter that will aslo be resolved by the waiver so chin up, we muster on to the next adventure in the Land of Noa.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are we allowed to throw parades for these wonderful people who are helping you? Because we theatre people can *really* throw a parade. Keep marching, mama!!!!