Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July Report



Hard to believe we're already getting ready to leave McCall! We've had a great time - and Noa has been doing some amazing stuff. I'm sharing a few photos here, but when we get back to NYC I'll upload video from her Independence Day walk with Daddy in the Park. She likes to do one-hand only walking now. When she does it with me holds one hand and then puts the other hand on her arm exactly where she wants it.


Noa has been enjoying lots of bike rides (sitting in one of those bike trailers). She makes a motor like noise - and sometimes insists that Daddy "go go" - mostly when he slows down because he's pedaling uphill. Noa doesn't like that. But she likes the more off-road paths in the park that are very bumpy. Noa has also been doing a great job in restaurants (as you can see in there photos). Of course is helps when she can sit outside and feel the breeze.
And of course... the hot springs. Yesterday Noa really floated on her back all by herself for a long time. She really gets it. When she would start to sink, I'd just touch the small of her back and say "up" and she'd say "up" and push herself back to floating. She even did some kicking, and some jumping in the water all by herself. We love the water -- it's one of the few activities that actually exhausts Noa without also exhausting us!


Noa likes saying "up up" when she is standing and pushing up various parts of her body - she gets that she has to lift up to stay up. Yesterday she also liked lifting her shoulders up with I said "up" and then letting them down when I said "down."


She is also learning to stack blocks - and is doing a great job (as you can see from the stack in the photo - though I did help her pick which blocks to stack). She can identify circles, ovals, squares, moons and rectangles on her sorting box, and loves putting together snap beads. So of course, all that keeps her very busy. She has had a little loss in some signs - signing more more more more, with no object - but we're hoping that some of that has to do with the fact that she is just focused on so many other new things right now.


More when I'm in closer, more regular proximity to internet!







No comments: