Don't be afraid if the video screen looks blank, as far as I can tell this video will still load if you hit the play button (let me know if it doesn't).
Here's Noa signing "Happy Day" - she just learned this on her birthday and I think she really likes saying it because the "Day" part (with the big slapping action) is particularly satisfying - I really like the triumphant Susan Boyle singing in the backgroud. She also is working on the sign for "Poop" and "Fun."
It continues to be a mystery that she doesn't use the sign for "No." We actually had some success with it at Music Therapy the other week, but it hasn't really translated into home use. She still tends to push the offending article away and then scream or hit herself (on the hand, or banging her elbow on a table), or both. But she does know the sign. She just hasn't really figured out the power of it - which I think she would enjoy, and I would be sorry she ever learned it (but hey that's the way with any kid once they learn the power of "No").
In another twist - Noa has started to show a preference for certain clothes - many shirts. If you try to get her to take her shirt off, she will resist until you let her touch the shirt you intend to put on her. If she doesn't like that shirt she will push it away (and scream and/or hit herself), but if you select a shirt she likes, she will offer you her arm so you can help her get the old shirt off. Lately she seems not to like waffle knit shirts, which is a same because I got a great deal on a bunch of them recently.
2 comments:
Happy day indeed! The video worked for me :-). Love to all of you... and especially Noa... hopefully she'll start loving the waffle shirts :-p
I wonder if waffle shirts would gain appeal if they had a whiff of some wonderful scent - lavendar or citrus or something.
Noa is blessed to have you as parents.
Checking in every so often.
Erie (Talya's aunt)
Post a Comment