Monday, July 27, 2009

Rough Day in The Land of Noa

Well, a rough day in the Land of Noa: Noa's first trip to the emergency room. Considering the fact that she is 4 1/2, I think that's not so bad really!


She got pushed off a chair at school by another child and hit her mouth & chin on the floor - her teeth cut the inside of her mouth (and tore that little bit between the top of the gums and the lips - you can feel it with your tongue on the top of your own gums, yeah right there). There was a lot of blood at first, and a lot of crying and a trip in an ambulance - which I think she was too upset and finally exhausted to enjoy.

The little red mark on the bridge of her nose isn't from the fall, but she does seem to have a bump just below it which is from the fall. We'll be seeing some black and blue, no doubt.

Noa was a champ at the hosptial. She cried when the doctor looked in her mouth, but I told her it would only be for 10 seconds, and so she put up with it as well as could be expected.

So apparently, this kid in her class likes pushing kids. Normally he picks on a different kid but his M.O. seems to be pushing kids that are easy push and if he gets a big reaction... all the better. So I'm guessing that Noa is now on the top of this kid's list. Luckily, the there was already a plan to meet with the kid's parents about his behavior - so that's already going to happen. I could tell you all more, but for privacy reasons I'll just leave it there. That particular kid aside, we were concerned about Noa being in chairs without arms because of her lack of balance... and this incident just exemplifies why.

So, Noa is home and fine - pensive, but fine. Fat-lipped, but fine. Exhausted, subdued, but glad to be out of the hospital. These photos are from the trip home. Looking at her face it's almost as if you can see that's she had one of those "growing up" experiences where suddenly the world feels just a bit less innocent and care-free.




4 comments:

Talya said...

Oh poor Noa!!! I'm sorry to hear this, but it sounds like it was one of those common growing up experiences. Thank G-d it wasn't worse! I hope that the little boy is not allowed to sit near Noa, and her teachers learn from the experience that she really does need the support of arm chairs. My thoughts are with her, hopefully she'll heal quickly and completely and be back to her incredible Noa self asap.

Benjamin said...

Kids can be evil. Glad to hear she's alright.

Carla Milarch said...

Oh Noa. I feel so sad knowing that you had to go through one of those experiences that leave us grownups scratching our heads and wondering why God made the world this way. Although I've never met you, I can see what a brave little girl you are. Mommy and Daddy's kisses and hugs are the soothing balm that make it all better, and I can see you have plenty of those. There are lots of folks out here wishing you well.

jenidog said...

Thanks Carla! I'll pass your wise words on to Noa - she was a brave girl going to school today and facing that yucky boy (and no, that little boy won't be sitting near her again)