Sunday, July 12, 2009

Jee-yea!

I've been trying for a few weeks now to upload this great video that my mom took of Noa playing with my dad's hands out in Idaho... but for whatever reason I can't get it to work. SO instead I'm sharing more of Talya's great photos of Noa, cuz hey, they're great!

Noa has been been busy since our return from Idaho. She just returned to school for the summer session and I think she's grown about a foot! Seriously.


One of the most exciting new things Noa has been doing is saying "yes." It's kind of a game right now and she only will play it with a few select people (mostly women for some reason). She'll sign for "drink" - then I ask "Noa, do you want your drink?" She will say that something that approximates the word "yes."

Sometimes it is clear as a bell, other times it's more like "jeyea" or "yessse" but it is clearly a vocal response in the affirmative and that is HUGE.

Overall she has been doing a lot more vocalizing and occassionally will astonish us with something that sounds quite clear, but is often also totally random such as: "sludge," "Hezzbulah," or "Hindi." I guess she hears the news a lot...

Another fabulous new trick is walking while holding just one hand - she is big on this now. She's not very stable so it often involves falling or swinging rather wildly into someone's legs, but she is determined. She also likes holding one hand and pushing the stroller with the other - we've done some rather long walks this way.

The big recent event for Mommy and Daddy was taking the 4th rail of Noa's crib so she is now in a big girl bed (with a lower rail). While it was a bit nerve wrecking for us the first few nights, it's overall great because now we don't have to pick Noa up out of the crib which was becoming... back breaking. In fact, with help, Noa can get out of bed and walk to her potty or to breakfast (of course she doesn't always want to... but who does?)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hezzbulah - it's one of the most fun sounds in the world, so I'm glad to see that she chose it for her growing vocabulary! This blog is so wonderful and Noa is just one of the most beautiful children ever!