Okay, I know it looks like this is going to play sideways, but it should re-orient when you hit play.
In any case, you should be able to get the idea of what is so lovely about this little bit of video. Noa is not only propelling the walker all by herself, she even figures out how to pick it up and turn it when she runs into the curb! And she runs into the curb quite a bit. We haven't figured out if it's her or the walker that pulls to the right, but she does seem to do better with her right side overall.
In other news - we visited Noa's school last week and got to meet with all her teachers and therapists. It's amazing what a busy day she has - Ben and I were exhausted just hanging out for the morning!! Noa seems to really be enjoying school and engaging with the activities in the classroom. They sang a song about fall and the teacher dropped play leaves on the the kids heads - and Noa did a great job of helping to pick them up and even felt around on the floor in front of her when the teacher told her there were some near her feet.
Then it was time for a visit from a thearpy dog - Hearst. The teacher told the kids that they would have a visit from their friend with four legs who says "woof woof" and Noa immediately said "Sog!" It was lucky we were there to interpret for her: Sog is what she calls her stuffed animal Dog (who is actually a horse... but that's a different story). The only bummer was that I think Noa was hoping for her Sog, rather than a real-live dog. But she took it pretty well and even reached out when someone said that the dog was wagging his tail.
Also - just FYI - I posted some more video on our YouTube "channel": http://www.youtube.com/user/sahlkina?feature=mhsn#p/a/u/0/c67gFrLa1R4
I was kind of surprised to see that our video of Noa flushing the toilet had over 500 hits, and the one of us telling her it was bathtime had over 700. Apparently this was enough to make Google thing we might get enough hits to warrent selling ad space. SO I figured I ought to put more up on the site, and if you see ads in the future - hey, living in the Land of Noa ain't cheap!
No comments:
Post a Comment