Happy Halloween Everyone!
Last year we tried Trick or Treating, but Noa didn't like having to stand at various doors and doesn't eat candy, so instead we decided to give out candy this year thinking that might be more to her taste. Although all our candy was gone by the time she finished dinner, she did enjoy all the kids coming to the door and everybody said hello to her.
Noa made a big splash the annual Halloween Parade in our building but actually walking the whole thing in her walker! Noa's favorite part was when we were right in the heart of it all, with all the other kids around her. Everyone in our building pretty much knows Noa so she got lots of cheers and compliments (she makes a pretty cute Tinkerbell). One of the kids in the building would come by every once in a while and straighten out her wings for her. It was probably the longest walk she's done yet --her own NY Marathon Weekend, I guess. You may have noticed that we have a handy rolling stool that we got so that we didn't break our backs trying to spot her in the walker.
Then we went to a Halloween Party down the hall from us: these folks do terrific party every year and usually Noa doesn't go for it too much, but this year she had a great time. She played with the toys that were there on the floor - then she found a chair and sat in it fanning herself (with a fan she'd made in school) and playing with some blocks until finally she said she had to potty... I picked her up and he immediately wet herself (I think she must have been trying to hold it, but I was grateful that I managed to get her off the couch in time). All-in-all, the most fun Halloween ever.
2 comments:
adorable!! and at least she let you KNOW she had to potty right?? happy halloween!!
Jeni, it's Brooke here and I just discovered your blog. I always wondered how NY kids celebrated halloween. Thanks for the cute story and recollections.
Post a Comment