Since it's hard to put two videos in the same posting I'm doing this one by itself, but if you haven't already read the post previous to this one... that's where most of the recent info is. I just had two great videos and I wanted to share them both.
The video above shows her using one of her new signs - Doggie - which we are using for a family of stuffed animals that includes dogs, ducks and a horse. They are her favorites and I've been wanting to find a way for her to ask for some of her toys specifically. Often it's just kind of a guessing game: she asks for a toy,then just keeps pushing them away until you hand her the one she wants. As you can see, she is very excited about being able to ask for the Doggie. But as often happens with signs that make her happy, she has already started generalizing it - using it for nearly every toy, then adding "different" to the end. So... we'll have to work on that.
Luckily we also worked this weekend on "more toy zuzee" (which is basically an electric toothbrush she likes to stick behind her ear) so hopefully I'll be able to use that to help her get the idea that she doesn't have to sign different or doggie every time she asks for a toy. But it's difficult. She REALLY loves to sign - I think she just enjoys stringing words together and building long sentences and who can blame her?
No comments:
Post a Comment