Sunday, January 4, 2009

Rockin' in the New Year!

So check out Noa rocking it out at the piano all on her own! Okay, sure, she is leaning on the table a bit, but she does some nifty knee bends to check out her balance a bit. What's really incredible is that she was solid enough at the table that I felt comfortable taking my eyes off her long enough to take this video!

By the by, the squeaking you hear part way through is her "squeaky shoes" - they squeak when she walks and she LOVES them (I got them on Amazon, for those who are wondering).

I'm sorry you can't really see her face in this, but we moved the piano up against a wall so she could to this... so while it doesn't make for pretty pictures, it certainly has served the purpose.

Noa continues to do A LOT more reaching out and exploring. We've created a "map" of her play area, putting toys in different corners (but always the same toys in the same corners) so that she knows where to go to get what she wants to play with. So, she's been all over the place.

Yesterday, I went into the kitchen for a few minutes and she had scooted over to the new piano location and was pulling the thing down on her head. This morning, I went to the bathroom and came back to find that she was laying down by her stroller and pulling it back and forther over her head! (the wheels on either side of her head - the bottom of the stroller is blue, a color that she is attracted to)

She's even making trouble in the walker - getting into baskets on shelves, etc... last week she got ahold of my favorite blue scarf, wrapped it around herself and wore it around the house for hours! We did have one mis-step in the walker, she fell and cut her chin. Nothing serious and she got over it pretty quickly. It was bound to happen, she really throws herself around in that thing.

So, yeah, Ben and I are finally having to get around to that child-proofing thing we hear so much about.

No comments: