This video is from before Thanksgiving - taken by Melissa (Noa's BFF) - at the Rusk Institute where she does PT each week with Julie (inlcuded in video). I like this clip because it demonstrates how Noa is really getting the idea of how the walker works: how she has to pull herself to standing, what happens when she leans back, and how to move it forward. It also demonstrates how much she has come to enjoy the walker - which used to inspire immediate meltdowns.
Now that Noa is on the mend, she is back in action and hopefully I'll get some new photos and video soon. She continues to do a lot of moving and "talking" and really seems to be more and more interested in the information she gets from her eyes. I see her looking at things sometimes (sort of sideways, and shifting her head side to side which is what CVI kids tend to do). For example, this morning she was obsessed with her blanket and wanted to carry it with her to breakfast. At one point she had it on the table in front of her and was touching it and she suddenly seemed sort of curious if this thing she was touching was the thing she was also seeing. I'm not sure if she decided what it was (I told her it was her blankie, but its hard to tell is she got it) - in any case, she sure was interested.
No comments:
Post a Comment